Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Entry 7: Fresh


After watching the film Fresh by Ana Sophia Joanes I felt about what I really wanted to be putting into my body. I never wanted to start a garden more in my life. This weekend I actually started a garden that my mother and I will be taking care of this time of year. It’s nothing to live off of because you need meat and grain but it makes for amazing vegetables like kale, tomatoes, onions, and carrots. This video connected with me because I enjoy planting and gardening but it is another activity my mom and I can do where we both get something out of it.

Her tone was a little sad and depressing but she gets more joyous towards the end when talking about the way people are starting to transition into a new way of getting food. That could be feeding cattle, or starting up a garden. Just keeping the food you eat natural and organic is so much better for you than eating out at a local fast food. It is especially important to have parents feeding their growing kids healthy food and not crap that has been processed and handled but ten different people; pulled through the grime and cooked on a nasty grill that hasn't been cleaned for god knows how long.

This documentary has made me realize that it is possible to eat healthy and still have good food. Also, it is worth spending the extra money because you are getting what you pay for. If you have a garden going you can save on what you grow. Local farmers markets are the best place to find good healthy food.
My personal opinion of the film is it has many alternatives to bad eating habits. These come in handy when you go into the supermarket and see the perfectly white symmetrical eggs, with a shiny glisten from the bleach used to make it white. These come in handy when you go into the supermarket and see the perfectly white symmetrical eggs, with a shiny glisten from the bleach used to make it white. I think the film did a good job of showing the reality of the current food industry. After watching it I had a change of heart in what I wanted to be putting into my body. 

People should share this information and this message should be all over the news. It matters that Americans see this and understand how wrong they are treating themselves. Farmers markets should be on every corner instead of a couple every few miles. It only takes a couple of stores to turn a community around and start eating healthy.  

No comments:

Post a Comment